The Code 9 Foundation provides a place of support for current & veteran professional first responders & 000 operators who live with PTSD, depression, anxiety and other mental health conditions that result from their service to the community.
This support is available both in the ‘virtual world’ as well as via organised Peer to Peer ‘Catch-up’ nights, Coffee meet ups and other formal events.
The path through mental illness can be an isolating and lonely road. At Code 9 we reach out and teach one another that they are never alone in their respective journeys, and we protect, support and encourage one another to do what is necessary to recover.
Help The Code 9 Foundation to provide more life saving assistance dogs to those suffering from PTSD.
Your donation will assist The Code 9 Foundation in supporting the mental health of current and veteran first responders, 000 operators, and their partners and carers through a range of projects and activities.
What we do
Code 9 help first responders and their families directly by:
- Offering a safe space for first responders to connect and receive support and advice.
- Supporting families with meals
- Providing mental health referral
- Providing respite weekends
- Facilitating mental health forums
- Provide crisis accommodation
- Providing peer support catch up groups, both in person and online
- Sponsoring assistance dogs